Be a vendor at Summit Artspace during our ArtWalk events!
- Application will close Friday May 20th at 11:59 p.m.
- You will be notified of acceptance by Friday, May 27th.
- Event options are ArtWalks on Friday, June 10; September 9; and December 9 from 4 - 9 p.m.
- We expect 300-500 visitors at each ArtWalk, with winter events having a lesser turnout than summer.
- Open to any food vendors, food trucks, chefs, bakers, or baristas who work or live in Summit and surrounding counties.
- Our vendor fees have changed: All applicants will be charged a $10 fee which is non-refundable. Accepted applicants will be asked to pay an additional $35 booth fee.
- An invoice for the booth fee will be sent along with an agreement after acceptance. Vendors must sign an agreement and pay their booth fee before the event.
- Food Vendors will be located outside the building if the weather is nice. We expect Food Vendors will be able to be outside in June and September. December may have to completely indoors.
- We do not have on-site kitchens or indoor ventilation appropriate for cooking. Any hot food that is going to be served indoors must be pre-cooked.
- Acceptance for any event is not guaranteed due to limited space. We usually have 3-4 food vendors at each event. We will do our best to get as many applicants as possible scheduled.
- Food Vendors are expect to bring their own table/ set-up. Vendors will be assigned a space by Summit Artspace staff.
- Must be able to carry and assemble vendor booths independently between 1:00 - 4:00 pm on ArtWalk; tear down from 8:00 - 9:00 pm at ArtWalk.
- Must commit to the event times of Artist Sunday and/ or ArtWalk and agree to staff your booth for the duration of the entire event.
- Must adhere to all of Summit Artspace's COVID-19 policies and procedures.
- Must agree to COVID-19 government health department checklist, including that you are healthy, do not exhibit any symptoms and have not been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- There are no refunds except if a government directed shutdown occurs.
- Summit Artspace will be promoting Artist Sunday and ArtWalk program via various media including paid advertisements.
Solo Exhibition Proposals: July 2022 - June 2023
Summit Artspace invites local emerging artists to apply for a solo exhibition to be held in the 3G Gallery, a smaller sized space on our third floor. We welcome artists with new bodies of work exploring exciting themes in contemporary art to apply. Summit Artspace is interested in highlighting a diverse range of artistic skill sets and backgrounds as well as diverse material and critical exploration.
Exhibition proposals will be reviewed and selected by Summit Artspace staff. Criteria taken into consideration while reviewing applications include media, quality of work, spatial needs, professionalism, and programming related to Summit Artspace's goals for community engagement, especially in relation to themes found in other exhibitions in our schedule.
We strongly encourage interested applicants to come visit Summit Artspace during public hours (Fridays 12 - 7 p.m. and Saturdays 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.) to better understand the gallery spaces available and how exhibitions are presented.
Deadline for Proposals: January 31, 2022
Notification of Acceptance: February 15, 2022
Must be 18+ for consideration. Preference will be given to artists who have a connection to Northeast Ohio or proposals that include one artist who lives/works in Northeast Ohio, but is not required. Artwork cannot have been previously displayed in a Summit Artspace exhibition.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Summit Artspace believes that a diverse community of artists plays a vital role in representing our collective humanity. We foster an inclusive culture and encourage artists from different cultures, languages, sexual orientations, racial affiliations, and abilities to apply. We strive to provide accessible and accommodating galleries and programming. We are committed to exhibiting, connecting, assisting, and promoting artists without discrimination based on age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, military or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sex stereotyping, or disability.
If artists are selected, they will be required to complete an exhibition agreement solidifying details for the exhibition. Artists must adhere to all guidelines provided by staff, including Summit Artspace's consignment agreement, in which 70% of artwork sales are paid to the artist and the organization receives a 30% commission.
Exhibiting artists must work with staff to coordinate install and tear-down of exhibitions as well as provide artwork data for labeling by agreed upon deadlines. Artists must be available in-person for installation. Professional installation can be provided by Summit Artspace, unless the artist(s) should install their own artwork due to special installation requirements. Care will be taken when handling and displaying all artwork; however, Summit Artspace waives responsibility for either damage or loss of artwork.
All exhibiting artists are requested to assist in marketing efforts, and Summit Artspace staff will promote exhibitions through digital and print media, press releases, and internal signage. Summit Artspace will provide designed exhibition graphics and didactics, as well as photography for virtual exhibitions.
· Final installation size of artwork cannot exceed 7' (84") high.
· Any single component of an artwork must not exceed 50 pounds.
· The artist may be responsible for providing necessary hanging devices and/or installing artwork themselves if they are not ready to hang.
· Summit Artspace has a limited number of pedestals and display monitors available. The artist may be required to provide a special display fixture appropriate for the installation.
· Suitability of works which must be suspended, require a power source, are between 35-50 pounds, are close to the size limitations or have other special installation requirements will be determined on an individual work basis.
· Please note all displays are subject to Summit Artspace approval.
Questions or concerns? Please email email@example.com.