Be a vendor at Summit Artspace during our ArtWalk and Artist Sunday events!
- Application will close Friday February 17th at 11:59 p.m.
- You will be notified of acceptance by Friday, February 24th.
- Event options are ArtWalks on Friday, March 10, June 9, September 8, from 5 - 9 p.m., and Artist Sunday on November, 26th from 12 - 5 p.m. Apply to one or all with a single application!
- Open to artists and artisans who create, sell, and exhibit in Northeast Ohio.
- Acceptance for any event is not guaranteed due to limited space. We will do our best to get as many applicants as possible scheduled for at least one event.
- All applicants will be charged a $10 fee which is non-refundable. Accepted applicants will be asked to pay an additional $35 booth fee.
- An invoice for the booth fee will be sent along with an agreement after acceptance. Vendors must sign an agreement and pay their booth fee before the event.
- Each vendor will be provided a 10' x 10' space, 6ft. table and two folding chairs. Vendors will be assigned a space by Summit Artspace staff.
- Electric access is limited, please only request electricity if it is part of your display.
- Must be able to carry and assemble vendor booths independently from 10:00 - 12:00 on Artist Sunday and 3:00 - 5:00 pm on ArtWalk; tear down 5:00 - 6:00 pm on Artist Sunday and 9:00 - 10:00 pm at ArtWalk.
- Must commit to the event times of Artist Sunday and/ or ArtWalk and agree to staff your booth for the duration of the entire event.
- Must adhere to all of Summit Artspace's COVID-19 policies and procedures.
- Must agree to COVID-19 government health department checklist, including that you are healthy, do not exhibit any symptoms and have not been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- There are no refunds unless a government directed shutdown occurs or the event is canceled.
- Summit Artspace will be promoting Artist Sunday and ArtWalk program via various media including paid advertisements.
April 7th - May 20, 2023
140 E. Market St | Akron, Ohio
Call for Visual Art: Summit Artspace is thrilled to announce the second annual StarBurst juried high school senior exhibition. StarBurst 2022 is open for participation to all Summit County High Schools. A jury composed of visual arts educators will grant participants with various awards. Cash prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prize recipients. Additionally, Myers School of Art will offer a scholarship to one lucky participant. The exhibition will run from April 7, 2022 – May 20, 2023, with the awards ceremony and reception on opening night.
Important Dates: Deadline for Entry: Friday, March 3rd, 2022
Notifications of Acceptance: Friday, March 10th, 2022
Drop Off Dates: Friday, March 24th 12:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m. and Saturday, March 25th, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Opening: An opening reception will be held at Summit Artspace on Friday, April 7th, from 5:00 -7:00 PM 2022. The opening is open to the public and participants are encouraged to attend. Awards will be announced at 6:00 p.m.
Eligibility: The Starburst exhibition is open to all Summit County High Schools. Each participating school will be able to enter up to (5) artworks from their senior class. Schools are responsible for choosing the artworks to submit, as well as dropping off and picking-up artworks. Decisions regarding the acceptance of submitted works is at the discretion of Summit Artspace.
Eva Kwong, an internationally acclaimed artist and former Kent State University faculty in the Ceramics Department.
Stephen Tornero, a local fiber artist and art teacher at Plain Local Schools, who has recently been named 2022 Stark County Art Educator of the Year by the Massillon Museum & Canton Museum of Art.
Awards: Awards will be announced during the opening reception on April 7th, 2023 at 6:00 PM. All exhibiting artists as well as family, and friends are welcome to attend.
First Place: $200
Second Place: $100
Third Place: $50
Honorable Mention (4)
Best in Technical
Best Use of Media/Material
Best in Three Dimension
Additionally, The Myers School of Art will award one $500 scholarship to a participant of this exhibition who will be graduating this Spring 2022. The winner will be selected by a Myers representative and will be disbursed once the student is a confirmed art major at The University of Akron for the following academic year (2022-23). This award would be in addition to any other awards they may be eligible for from The Myers School of Art / The University of Akron.
Submit all entries by Friday, March 4th (midnight).
One submission form per Artwork
Up to 5 artworks per school, If more than 5 are submitted only up to 5 will be selected.
Artwork submitted cannot be previously displayed at Summit Artspace.
You may upload up to three images per piece of art to showcase different angles or details, accepted file types are JPEG and PNG.
School contact/ instructor will be responsible for submitting, dropping off, and picking up artwork.
We cannot accept artwork that is shipped, nor can we ship artwork.
All visual media will be accepted.
Artwork can be listed as for sale if desired by artist. All artists will be required to sign a gallery contract for their accepted entries.
30% gallery commission will be collected on all artwork sold during the show. Summit Artspace will process all artworks sales and compensation to artists.
Though framed pieces are preferred, we understand framing is difficult to acquire, if a work is framed it must have a wire or hanging mechanism on back. Unframed work will be permitted, with matting preferred. Matting the artwork makes it easier to hang and will better ensure the safety of the piece. Unmated pieces will be allowed if necessary. The jurying of the work will not be based on framing/ matting.
All canvas work should have a wire hanging for the back.
Dimensions should not exceed 48" x 48" x 48."
Pedestals are available for 3D works.
Unique installations should come with detailed descriptions for install.
Professional installation will be provided by Summit Artspace. Care will be taken when handling and displaying all artwork; however Summit Artspace waives responsibility for either damage or loss of artwork.