16th KALEIDOSCOPE JURIED ART EXHIBITION
AT SUMMIT ARTSPACE ON EAST MARKET, AKRON OHIO
November 30 - December 29
Holiday Show Presented by the Alliance for the Visual Arts (AVA)
Eligibility: Presented by the Alliance for the Visual Arts (AVA), this show is open to all current members (dues paid by October 15) of the society organizations of AVA: Akron Society of Artists (ASA), Artists of Rubber City (AoRC), Cuyahoga Valley Art Center (CVAC) and Women’s Art League of Akron (WAL).
Medium: Open to all artistic media in 2D and 3D.
Deadline for Entry: November 5, 2018 at midnight through the Summit Artspace website.
Entry Fee: $15.00 each for up to two (2) entries submitted separately.
Jurying will be done via digital image only. Artists may submit one artwork piece per submission for consideration. You may submit a high quality digital image (.jpg, .pdf, .tiff, .png) of each of the artwork entered; however, each entry must be submitted separately. Help is available. The images must accurately represent the work and accepted work must be professionally presented for exhibition. (See notes below).
Notification of the juror’s decision will be made via email by midnight on Friday, November 16, 2018.
Drop off accepted entries: Monday, November 26, 10 am – 2 pm and 4 pm – 7 pm to the
Main Gallery at Summit Artspace at 140 East Market St.
Opening reception: Friday, November 30, 5 pm - 8 pm Awards announced 7 pm
Exhibition Dates: Friday, November 30 through Saturday, December 29
Panel Discussion: Thursday, December 13 7 pm - 8 pm
Artist Pick Up: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 10 am - 2 pm and 4 pm - 7 pm
Awards: To be given at the discretion of the juror including 1st place $200, 2nd place $150 and 3rd place $100 and four honorable mentions. Juror’s Awards announced at 6:30 pm Friday, November 30th. The People’s Choice Award of a hand-crafted Kaleidoscope by artist Bob Pozarski will be announced December 29th at the close of the show.
Notes: Size and Weight Limits:
• Final installation size of 2-D work cannot exceed 4' (48") wide by 6' (72") high.
• 3-D work must not exceed 39" in diameter, nor may any single component of the work exceed 50 pounds.
• All work must be identified (labeled) with the artist name and contact information when delivered.
• Accepted work must be delivered ready to install. 2-D works must be appropriately wired; no saw tooth hangers.
• Summit Artspace has a limited number of pedestals available; however, the artist may have to provide any special display fixtures required.
• Suitability of works which must be suspended, hung in windows, requiring a power source, are especially heavy, are very large, or have other special installation requirements will be determined on an individual basis.
• Professional installation will be provided by Summit Artspace. Care will be taken when handling and displaying all artwork, however Summit Artspace waives responsibility for either damage or loss of artwork.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ARE JURIED INTO THE KALEIDOSCOPE EXHIBITION, YOU MUST GALLERY SIT AT LEAST ONE SHIFT OR FIND A RESPONSIBLE ADULT TO TAKE YOUR PLACE. Bring your calendars with you when you drop off your artwork so you can plan for the available open dates.
Summit Artspace (SA): to comply with SA requirements, a 30% gallery commission will be collected on all artwork sold during the show or during the three months following the show. All artists will be required to sign a gallery contract when delivering their accepted entries.
Labels for the back of your artwork will be provided to those accepted into the show.