The 18th Kaleidoscope Juried Art Exhibition
Summit Artspace on E. Market - Main Gallery
November 20 - December 19, 2020
The 18th Kaleidoscope Juried Art Exhibition is an annual holiday show presented by the Alliance for the Visual Arts (AVA). This show is open to all members with dues paid since 12/31/19 of the society organizations of AVA: Akron Society of Artists (ASA), Artists of Rubber City (AoRC), Cuyahoga Valley Art Center (CVAC) and Women’s Art League of Akron (WAL).
Deadline: November 9, 2020 at midnight
Entry Fee: $30, for up to two separate entries
Media: Open to all visual media
Juror: Christy Davis, Curator of Exhibitions at Canton Museum of Art
Notification of Acceptance: November 11, 2020 by midnight
Drop Off: November 16, 2020
Opening: November 20, 2020*
Awards: 1st place: $200, 2nd place $150, and 3rd place $100 and four honorable mentions. Juror’s Awards announced via video debut the the evening of November 19th on Summit Artspace social media platforms. The People’s Choice Award of a hand-crafted Kaleidoscope by artist Bob Pozarski will be announced December 19 on social media and the respective organization will notify the winning artist at the close of the show.
Pick Up: December 21, 2020
*It is the intention of Summit Artspace to display this exhibition in our galleries. However, depending on government directives at the time of execution the show may be displayed virtually. If the show is displayed in our galleries the opening reception will be transformed into a video awards presentation.
Eligibility: The exhibition is open to all current members (dues paid by 12/31/19) of the society organizations of the Alliance for the Visual Arts: Akron Society of Artists (ASA), Artists of Rubber City (AoRC), Cuyahoga Valley Art Center (CVAC) and Women’s Art League of Akron (WAL). Must be at least 18 years old to enter. Artwork must be completed upon submission. Artwork cannot have been previously displayed in a Summit Artspace related Gallery.
Various Information: Jurying will be done via digital image. It is $30 for up to two entries. Artists may submit up to three high quality digital images (.jpg, .pdf, .tiff. .png) of each submission (to show framing, different angles, cropped to show more detail, etc.). The images must accurately represent the finished work and accepted work must be professionally presented for exhibition (see notes below). Artist's name cannot be in the file name of digital images. Submissions that include the artist’s name will be disqualified. Notification of the juror’s decision will be made via email by 11:59 pm on November 11, 2020. Accepted work must be delivered to the Main Gallery at Summit Artspace on E. Market on Monday, November 16, 2020.
Important Guidelines and Information:
Size and Weight Limits:
· Final installation size of 2-D work cannot exceed 4' (48") wide or 7' (84") high.
· 3-D work must not exceed 39" in diameter or 7' (84") high, nor may any single component of the work exceed 50 pounds.
· All wall mounted artwork must be wired with appropriate hardware for weight of piece; no saw tooth hangers. If wall mounted work absolutely cannot be wired, please let Summit Artspace know via email prior to drop off and in the “Special Installation Requirements” section of the submission form. If there are special installation requirements, the artist must provide necessary hanging devices (i.e. magnets).
· Screws are not typically used for any installation
· All work must be labelled with the artist's name and contact information when delivered (in any format)
· Summit Artspace has a limited number of pedestals available. The artist may be required to provide a special display fixture appropriate for the installation (if necessary).
· No singular piece shall exceed 10 nail holes for installation.
· Please note all displays are subject to Summit Artspace approval.
· If submitting a triptych or diptych it must be: clearly labeled as so in the “Special Installation Requirements” section of the submission form, information must include desired measurements between components, each component must be wired, and the work must be listed with one title, price, and artist statement, as well as fit within the size restrictions above.
· Suitability of works which must be suspended, require a power source, are between 35-50 pounds, are close to the size limitations or have other special installation requirements will be determined on an individual basis.
· Professional installation will be provided by Summit Artspace. Care will be taken when handling and displaying all artwork; however Summit Artspace waives responsibility for either damage or loss of artwork.
· If accepted you will be asked to gallery sit at least one shift (2.5 hours during gallery hours).
· Upon entering you will be emailed future call for art opportunities at Summit Artspace.
· All jurying is blind. If artists contact the juror in regards to their piece(s) from the time of submission to the announcement of winners, artists shall be subject to disqualification from this and future exhibitions. Signatures on artwork will be covered for final jurying to ensure blindness of juror.
· We cannot accept artwork that is shipped, nor can we ship artwork.
Questions or concerns? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.